According to Hon. Abbey with the results I have in Bassa I was leading comfortably with 234 votes while Suleiman has 133, I was surprised when the returning officer said we tied with 344 each and that is totally not true the party should look into it and see.

 Abbey who spoke to journalists at the venue of the primaries said he will abide by the decision of the party as he is a party faithful, immediately the counted the votes of both Jos north and Bassa I tabulated it Suleiman has 334 votes while I myself have 366, on coming back I was told that we are now tie that is having equal marks and am surprise and ask the returning officer why the sudden change?

" I am law abiding member of APC and I will abide by the constitution of the party, I am going to wait for whatever decision the national body is going to take.

"But I most say I am not comfortable with the outcome if the election results my agent informed me that I was leading with comfortable margin only for the results to be changed within few minutes, my only calm for the national body to see the reality and declare me the winner the facts are there to see, and I appeal to all my supporters and loyalist to remain calm as we are on course and victory shall surely be ours at the end of the day." Aku stated.

The primary election of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) for aspirants vying for the bye-election into Jos North/Bassa federal constituency has ended with controversy over missing votes belonging to hon Abbey.

A two-term member of the House of Representatives, Hon. Suleiman Yahaya-Kwande, polled a total of 344 votes and Hon. Joseph Abbey Aku, a former Commissioner of Commerce and in Gov. Simon Lalong-led administration also scored 344 votes out of the 810 delegates accredited according to the results announced.

The 7-man electoral panel announced to journalists after the exercise that two contestants, Aku and Kwande scored the highest votes cast.

While announcing the results of the exercise, which lasted over 24 hours, chairman of the election panel, Hon. Abu Ajiya said four aspirants had vied for the ticket.They included Hon Suleiman Yahaya Kwande, Hon Abbey Aku, Hon Lumumba Dah Adeh and Aliyu Adamu.

However announcing the results after the cast of votes by delegates at Lamonde Hotel, Apollo Crescent Jos, the Chairman of Electoral Committee, Rt. Hon. Abu Ajiya Saje stated that at the end of the exercise, Hon. Suleimain Kwande and Hon. Abbey Aku got 344 votes each prompting the Electoral Committee to declare the exercise inconclusive stressing that the Committee would consult the headquarters of the party and thereafter, would communicate aspirants on the next line of action.