Senator representing  Plateau South  Senatorial district, Prof Nora Ladi Daduut has dispelled the rumoured rift between her and  Plateau State Governor, Simon Lalong.



Prof Daduut  a chieftain of the All Progressives Congress  APC  in the state  made this known while addressing  newsmen in Jos on Thursday night 




She said, Governor Lalong  has always supported her  politically and that she respects the governor so much 


Senator Daduut  said there was never a time she fell out with Governor Lalong 




In her words  "I want to use this opportunity to clear the air on some ongoing  rumours and unverified reports carried by some online  and  electronic media alleging that I am  seeking re-election and have been denied the opportunity  by  some major political actors in the state and that  I was attacked  and  threatened  to back down from the race of the Senatorial seat."



"I Senator(Prof) Nora Ladi Daduut want to emphatically stress that I have never contemplated seeking re-election at any point in time, nor endeavoured o   procure  a nomination / Interest  form  for the Plateau  South Senatorial District race."


"Secondly  I have never  informed anyone that  my life was threatened because of the Senatorial seat I currently occupy."


She added that " What happened in Namu District of Quaanpan Local Government Council on the 28th April 2022 was an act of criminality by hoodlums, dissident enemies of progress and detractors protesting the arrest of some suspected criminals and unfortunately,  my entourage including that of the members of the NUJ who went  to cover my  event got caught up in it ."


" I want to use this medium to say that o rift whatsoever exists between e  Senator(Prof) Dame Nora Ladi Daduut, the Senator representing Plateau South and the State Governor, His Excellency Rt. Hon. Simon Bako  Lalong ."


" Governor Simon Lalong has been very supportive and I do appreciate all his support thus far."

"Any  rumour that I have been threatened by  Governor Lalong  is baseless  false and a mere blackmail which should be disregarded  ."


 Senator Daduut further added that " I want to use this opportunity to thank  his Excellency  Governor Simon Lalong for  his  support  and to  say  that I support  his political aspirations,  and I would always remain grateful to him  for his support."


She urged the people of her  Senatorial district to remain peaceful and continue to be their bbrother'skeeper at all times.



Senator Daduut pledged to continue to do more for the people of her Senatorial district while in the Senate