By Daniel Dauda, Jos


The organizing secretary of All Progressive Congress, APC, Plateau State chapter, Hon. Philip Asanato Adik has congratulates the Commissioner of works Hon. Pam Botmang who emerged as a running mate of the governorship candidate in Plateau, Dr. Nentawe Yilwatda for 2023 governorship election in the state.

This was contained in a press release signed by Hon. Adik and made available to pressmen Wednesday in Jos Plateau State capital.

According to Plateau APC organizing secretary, as you are aware that not too long ago, Dr. Nentanwe Yilwatda, our flag bearer for the 2023 governorship election unveiled his running mate in person of Hon. Pam BotMang

May I therefore, seize this opportunity to first of all, congratulate our flag bearer for the bold decision taken on the choice of his running mate. I cherished his boldness taking into cognizance that it was made from an array of eminently qualified people.

"I also know that what might have made it more tasking was because, it had to be only one person.

May I also congratulates Hon. Pam Botmang, who was unveiled as running mate. This congratulations is coming from the depths of my heart taking into account his pedigree, commitment and loyalty to the party. I am highly positive that he would bring his wealth of experience, his support base to add value to the ticket.

"A calm, calculative and a well respected person who has made tremendous impact not only in his capacity as a member of the Plateau state Executive Council, but in his immediate Community in particular and Plateau State at large.


Adik said "I specifically wants to thank my amiable, credible and capable Chairman, Hon. Rufus Bature and other members of the State EXCO of the APC. I highly appreciate the confidence you showed in me.


He revealed that "I have also read the opinions of many about me on platforms, including the new media, but regardless of your opinions, I value and respect your views.

"And for those who contacted me personally and those who called on phone to advice and encouraged me not to reject the offer to serve as running mate in the event it was granted me on account of the demand and request by those who felt I was the most capable, I appreciate you all. Your kind words warmed my heart.

"To members of my community, Kiche (Rukuba), your ever valuable support and advice would continue to remain a source of inspiration to me. I am proud of you.

"To all party loyalists, the time has come to close ranks. As a person who has been in this game for long, I know that no political decision can satisfy everyone. This is so for the fact that human nature is complex.

"It is for this reason that I find it a challenge in my heart to call on all party men and women not to give-in to sentiments and other negative factors and tendency that have the potency of tearing our party apart on account of the decision of our Governorship candidate on his running mate.

"The interest of our party and Plateau supersede the interest of an individual. This is why we must all join hands to deliver our great party in all elective positions in 2023.

"Once more, congratulations Yilwatda/BotMang and to all the APC family on the Plateau", Adik concluded.