Dr.Patrick Dakum, Plateau Labour Party governorship candidate
By Daniel Dauda, Jos


The Federal High Court sitting in Jos Division, has affirmed Dr. Patrick Dakum as the authentic Labour Party (LP) governorship candidate for 2023 general elections in Plateau State.

Recall following the outcome of  August 5th, 2022, Labour Party governorship primaries in Plateau that saw the emergence of Dr. Dakum as the standard bearer, Amb. Yohanna Margif approached and seeking the court to  declare him as legitimate candidate of the party.

Hon.Justice Dorcas Ageshi while declaring the judgment Friday, acknowledged that Dr. Patrick Dakum is the legitimate Labour Party candidate in Plateau State for the 2023 general elections.

She affirmed that the plaintiff (Amb.Margrif) withdrew his candidature by virtue of the documents tendered to the court by the defend counsel (Dr. Dakum).

Speaking to newsmen after the court ruling, Plateau State Labour Party candidate, Dr.Patrick Dakum said, the way forward now is to offer my heart and my complete allegiance to God Almighty who is responsible for this judgement. For me I thank God! My team as a whole, my deputy Edward Pwajok SAN we all thank God because we believed that this is the hand work of God not man.

"Secondly, we need to also thank the Court because I always beard that the Judiciary is the last hope of the common man, so, if there is any common man that is happy today it is me...because I believed the court has dispense justice. It also strengthen my confidence on the Judiciary.

"Let also appreciate the Labour Party who have stood firm to indicate the fact that they are also a defendants as far as I am. They stood very firm and I want to believed that they done that because of the fact that is before them. So I really want to thank the Labour Party including our teeming supporters all over the place.

"For us destination is not only Government House Little Rayfield rather destination is heaven itself. So we work towards that. While here to work we need to offer the best for Plateau. I think the Court decision has provided Plateau with another option, and said look Plateau people the menu is very clear now is left for you to choose.

"Then, if you want the family that is family centered then look for the ballot and look for the logo that has a family then, you will see mama, papa and pikin...

"Labour Party is a movement and I believed Peter Obi will emerge the President of Nigeria, I believed that Dr.Patrick Dakum/ Edward Pwajok SAN would go Rayfield because they are the team that are ready right from day one, and the combination is certain.

"To our teeming supporters we have a lot of work to do. Let us convert the one million, two million match to polling units and get the results on election day."