Ambassador Gideon Dandareng


The suspended Local Government chairman of Jos South, Amb.Gideon Dandareng have refuted allegations of financial embezzlement and illegal auctioned of properties belonging to the council while in office.

Dandareng, acknowledged that he served the people of the locality to the best of his ability.

The embattled chairman made the revelation on Friday in Jos the state capital, while fielding  question from newsmen following a committee that was constituted by the Transition Implementation Committee (TIC) chairman of Jos South, LGA Hon.Peter Vwang Dung.

Recalled, the TIC chairman alleged there was massive lotting under Amb. Dandareng watch, as the TIC chairman mandated the committee to conduct thorough investigation and unravel the circumstances behind the disappearance of the council properties.

According to Amb. Dandareng,
"Were living in a country that is govern by the rules and regulations,and  by the special grace of God I am not just an ordinary Nigerian but I am a Nigerian with a portfolio.
 I know what is the rules and regulations, I know processes. But I want to assured you that, as far as I am concerned Nigeria is govern by democracy, so to crown it all, in government and most particularly Local government were govern by three (3) setting procedures when your running a local government.Is either your brought newly by this procedures there is a circular by ministry  as provided by the constitution. And this is a constitutional democracy that we are practicing. 

"So if your alleging that somebody has lott then this trick of saying he has lotting this, he has lotting that, there is no reason for procrastination. So as far as I am concerned I am here let them bring whatsoever they want to bring I am up to the task. 

"But I want to assured you that I have served the people of Jos South Local Government to the best of my ability. Go and check the records to see since the creation of this local government no any local government chairman has done a lot than myself...

Amb. Dandareng, insist he remains the authentic chairman of Jos South local government council until 10th October, 2024 by law as the constitution of Nigeria did not recognized transition chairman.

"I am still the executive chairman of Jos South local government as far as the law is concerned, until the 10th October, 2024. Just like I said were running a constitutional democracy, the Court has said that we should maintained status quo. So let me see that person that would come and harass me on the way. I am a Nigerian and I have the right because the court has said everything.

 "The transition chairmen are illegal. They don't have a place in the Nigeria's constitution. So what are you saying? An illegal government to stop the legal constituted government. I am a Nigerian and by the grace of God even before I became chairman I am not a poor Nigerian, and I would not be because I am an investor that I have invested even outside this state.
On alleged illegal auction of the Council's properties, Dandareng said those accusing him should go and look at procedures in government. "Cars that were bought in 2008 and were auction and they said is illegal? I got an approval from the ministry of local government, I got approval from the office of the auditor general of the local government. They came for inspection, we advertised and people that got it the auctioneers sold to them. And I heard people saying that I have took those cars... for what? There is no a car that if I want to drive today that I don't have a capacity to earn it. I want to be frank with you that even when I want a car I can't go for auction cars because I have a taste...

"Nigeria is running by constitutional democracy and I want to advised that politicking has come and gone even the issue of the Governor have been put to rest, and today Governor Caleb Mutfwang is our Governor and I advised him to embrace all people irrespective of political party platforms and let built Plateau state together, and when it is time for politics again we go for scouting. I am in APC and I would continue to be in APC..."