A Lagos based artist, Muhammad Salisu popularly known as "Big Drela" is set for an inspirational reunion and unity homecoming musical performance in Jos.

Salisu, who was born in Jenta community in Jos North local government area of Plateau State but left to Lagos state where he built his musical carrier.

Our correspondent reports that the artist is now under contract with Cash Boy Records.

Speaking to newsmen at NUJ Secretariat in Jos Tuesday on how to limelight in musical carrier, he said:"It all started from passion. My father played a lot of music at home, especially in the church. That’s where I realized that music was meant for me. From there, I made my way to Lagos and eventually signed with Cash Boy Records.

"I’ve been in Lagos representing and pushing forward, but the journey hasn’t been easy. At times, I almost gave up, but I realized those were just distractions. I stayed focused and kept working hard until I signed with Cash Boy Records. Now, here I am today, representing Cash Boy Records and also my roots. 

"We’re having an event at Crest Hotel on Sunday, the 22nd September,2024. The event is a celebration of life and my journey. I’ve traveled to Lagos, Ghana, and many other places. Now I’m back to give back to the people who have supported me.I’ve brought a lot of gifts and surprises for the event. I will also visit some leaders and paying my respect. It's going to be a wonderful time, and I hope everyone can join me in this journey of celebration", he stated.

The Jos born artist further revealed I was born and raised in Jos, in Jenta to be specific. My father is from Nasarawa State, and my mother is from Shendam. Musically, I do a fusion of R&B, reggae, and Afrobeat, which I call Afro-fusion. Overcoming challenges along the way has been about staying focused and knowing my worth. If you know who you are, nothing can stop you.

The goal of the show is to bring people together and celebrate. It’s been quite a journey with ups and downs. That’s why the event is free, and we’re even providing transportation for people from different locations. We’ve got plenty of gifts—pedicure machines, clippers, hand dryers, and 300,000 Naira for lucky winners. It’s all about celebration.

On whether he made some album, according to him, "I have an essential play called 'Bad Boy' coming out on the 20th. The title might sound misleading, but it’s not about being bad. It’s about standing up for your family, doing what’s necessary, even if people judge you. 

"There’s a song on the essential play called 'Dambola' that tells the story of my struggles, like how I used to collect scrap metal to make money, all while people misunderstood me. So, that’s the story behind the Bad Boy essential play.