By Daniel Dauda, Jos




Former Deputy Governor, Central Bank of Nigeria,CBN, Dr. Obadiah Mailafiya has yet been released for the third time Unconditionally by the Department of State security, DSS, after about four hours of questioning.

The ADC presidential flag bearer of 2019, elections, Dr.Mailafiya arrived DSS office in Jos, Plateau State capital at about 11:10am and came out around 3:02pm having honour the invitation for the third time.

Dr. Mailafia has been in the radar of the security operatives after granting a radio FM interview few months ago and alleged among other allegations that a sitting governor from the North is a commander of deadly Boko Haram sect.

Addressing Journalists after meeting with DSS, his legal team led by Yakubu Bawa Esq, revealed Well, let me say this, according to them like normal routine appearance as all of you are aware this is the third time he has appeared before them; and we always say there is no form of intimidation or harassment the course of our conversation.

"But for us the members of the legal team we have the course to review and re-examine this case and one thing we want to make clear or categorically is the fact that you may not have a physical intimidation or harassment but certainly there is psychological or emotional trauma. And to this point we are calling upon the DSS,that we hope and we believe this is going to be the last time of the invitation.

"The question that begs for an answer to every Nigerian is that, it is not only Dr. Mailafiya that have made a comment that has to do with internal security but why him?

"Now to this end we have an interface with DSS and we look at it from the legal perspective, they still have powers to do so, to call him for investigation there is no doubt about it, but we have every course to be worried because it can't continue. This tragictry can't continue!

"We are calling on them let this meeting be the last meeting. The question I still want us not to lose track of what prompted him to this comment is still the issue of insecurity that we are still facing and these are the existential reality.

We are calling on Government that, let them redouble their effort to secure our country. Barr. Bawa concluded.



However, the embattled Dr. Mailafiya who expressed optimism about the outcome of the meeting, insist that Killings across Nigeria must come to an end.

" We want start by thanking all of you for being here, must especially the media religious leaders and their followers. You have gone beyond the call of duty to here for hours I can't thank you enough but I prayed that Almighty God will bless you and your entire family.

"We have received messages from very distinguished Muslim clerics including Sheikh Dahiru Bauchi he sent message that he is being praying for me. Muslim and Christian Youths they have stood behind me praying for me because they believed that I am their voice!

"There are so many people, thousands have already dead. Women, children, youths, elderly they have no voice. I have become the voice of the Martyrs! I can only thank them they are widows, orphans who are left behind I thank them for their patients.
Let us pray for our country. Let us pray that peace will return to Nigeria!

The gentlemen of the SSS they have been very, very professional like my lawyer said they did not intimidate me, they did not harass me but I prayed that this is the last time that I will be invited. Because many people have said worst things and no body invited them. I came here as law abiding citizen and I am living here as law abiding citizen.

"I spoke for the love of our people. I spoke for those who have no voice many have deaf the killing must stop."

Dr. Mailafiya thanks Nigerians both at home and diaspora; and the international community who have call him and show their support and solidarity.