Barrister Gyang Zi, Labour Party candidate for Plateau North Senatorial District rerun election

Ahead of the January 2024  Plateau North senatorial district rerun election, the candidate of Labour Party, LP, Barr. Yaya Gyang Zi has expressed optimism and determination bring effective legislation if elected to represent the zone at the upper chamber of the National Assembly.

Recall, Barr.Gyang Zi alongside other candidates of political parties having dissatisfied with Judgment of National Assembly Elections Petition Tribunal sitting in Jos that affirmed the election of Senate minority leader, Simon Mwadkon of Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) have approached Appeal court seeking for redress.

However, the Appellate court sitting in Abuja in its verdict delivered sometimes around October, 2023, nullified the election of Senator Mwadkon and order Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to conduct rerun in Plateau Northern senatorial district within 90 days.

Speaking to newsmen in Jos Thursday, the Labour Party flag bearer, Gyang Zi said right from onset his campaign is centered on issues based.

He called on the people of Plateau North Senatorial buried all forms of political gimmicks and shenanigans and to come out en-masse during the rerun election and cast their votes him under Labour Party platform as he is poised to changed the narrative of representation in the zone.

"As a legal practitioner and what we do at the National Assembly is law making, and by the grace of God I have trained myself in that area. I have a strong believed and conviction that I can address issues better than any other person that is standing with me in this contest.

"The people have a lot to benefit with my representation from the wealth of knowledge I acquired from the legal practice."

Barr.Gyang Zi who was also part of PDP legal team on the Plateau before he left to Labour Party, revealed that he had done his best for PDP and he left the party because of injustice.

"I have done my best for PDP. while I was there, I won all the cases I am handling except the one that is connected with the party congress. That is why is very painful and I cannot figure out what is going on now in the party. I left the party because the level of impunity is increasing by the hour not even on daily basis.

"As far as I am concerned I will continued praying for Plateau because political parties are platforms, and we can used any other platform to achieve what we want to achieve for the common good of the state and my zone in particular, Plateau North senatorial district."