Ahead of the National General Election of Ngas Development Association (NDA), one of the leading candidate for the seat of President, Nde Yakubu Gomos, has expressed his determination to unite and build bridges among Ngas people when elected as President.

This, he said was in his resolve and dream for a prosperous nation where every son  and daughter of the land would contribute in building a nest for strategic development that would bring back the lost glory of the Ngasland.
       
The Presidential candidate, made the promise while in an interview with our correspondent last Friday, at the book launch: 'The Ngas Nation; To be or not to be?' authored by Maxwell Joshua Shiktong, held at the Jonggrand hotels in Jos-South Local Government Area of Plateau State.
       
The Community leader who is also heads the Advancement Department of the University of Jos, said, "the cardinal point is in my quest to unite the Ngas people because I am a unifier. I have always unite people either at the Village, Ward, District, Local Government and even at the institutional levels. That is the first thing I would want to do when elected.
      
"Secondly, I will build bridges. Without unity and building of bridges with your neighbours and other historical relations, we will achieve nothing. The Ngas with the Kanuri and Jukun stuff in us, we have to build bridges within the State with our neighbours and relations even outside eg: the Kanuris, Jukuns, Alagos, Gamais, Igalas, Jarawas etc", he enthused.
        
Gomos, who had contested for the seat in 2012 and emerged second, re- contested in 2018 but stepped down saying, "after the presentation of my manifesto in the unity of Ngas, I stepped down for somebody from Kanke who is the current President because whatever that will bring misgivings and disunity, I will always withdraw from it.
      
 "I did that for the unity of the Ngasland so, now that the contest is among the Ngas sons and daughters of Pankshin and I am a bonifide Ngas man with my experience and connectivity, I think the time is now for me to change things for good to my people", he assured.
            
The candidate also promised to take advantage of the fertile ground the Ngasland was blessed with and ensure that cash crops like tomatoes, cabbages, onions etc, were prioritise to help boost agricultural activities in the land for optimum nutrition and export. He also ensured that the security of farmers would be guaranteed when given mandate.